Apply for an Export Voucher
Up to $5,000 for your exporting needs
The Washington State Department of Commerce’s Export Voucher program, funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) State Trade and Export Promotion grant, offers qualified companies new to exporting or expanding into new export markets up to $5,000 for export-related expenses (a minimum 25% cash match is required).
Are you eligible?
Qualifying companies must:
• Be registered to do business in Washington State
• Have a Federal Identification Number tied to a Washington address
• Be in good standing with the Washington State Department of Revenue
• Be a small business concern (SBC) as defined by SBA criteria, and meet other program criteria, such as:
* have been in business for at least one year
* operates profitably
* demonstrates export readiness
Qualifying export expenses
The following types of programs and expenses are eligible for an Export Voucher:
• Trade show and trade mission fees, registration, etc.
• Travel, airfare (U.S. carrier only)
• Interpreter fees
• Translation services (website, marketing materials, etc.)
• Export training programs and services of the U.S. Foreign Commercial
• International Certifications
• And more… see the Export Voucher Program Guidelines for complete details.
To apply for a voucher, please refer to the Export Voucher Program Guidelines and the Export Voucher Program Application. View a sample application here. For additional details, click the frequently asked questions link or contact:
STEP Export Voucher Program Business Development Manager
WA State Department of Commerce
2001 Sixth Avenue, Suite 2600
Seattle, WA 98121
STEP Export Voucher Application and Guidelines